Fender Mustang amplifiers are digital guitar amplifiers. Customers can connect the amplifier to PC via USB port and control settings using the Fender FUSE application for Windows. A couple of months ago, I bought a used Mustang v1 amplifier on ebay for only 60€. On March 2020, Fender dropped official support for FUSE (and I also prefer to use Linux) so I did a little internet search and found an alternative open source software, "Plug". https://github.com/offa/plug I tried Plug on Ubuntu laptop and It worked. But I didn't want to take a laptop with me to play guitar, so I decided to try Plug on a small Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W and it worked fine. My Mustang amplifier can store 24 presets (8 presets, 3 banks), but the Fender footswitch allows to select only 2 presets. It would be nice to select all of them using a footswitch instead of a PC keyboard...
Commenti
Posta un commento